Our 2nd Annual Intramural Open starts NOW! Along with it is the return of our Friday Night Lights during each week of the Open! We want EVERYONE to be part of a team! Let me be clear: by being a part of your team and completing the Workout each week, you earn points for your team! Being unable to Rx a workout or perform a certain movement or get a lot of reps WILL NOT negatively impact your team! This “competition” is about all of us coming together to have some fun and push the limits of our fitness!
Every Friday night starting Feb 24th, we will be holding a FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS event! This was so much fun last year, so make sure you try and join us on Friday nights!
We encourage everyone to Register for the CrossFit Games Open at games.crossfit.com so you can submit your workout scores each week and see how you stack up worldwide, in your age group, in your state, etc. You can even make custom leaderboards with co-workers, friends, frenemies, whoever!
Read on for full details on Rules, Points, Teams, etc!
1 – Every Team Member who completes the Open Workout each week
1 – Each Non-WCCFer brought by a Team Member to Friday Night Lights
2 – Top 3 RX scores (M and F)
2 – Top 3 Scaled scores (M and F)
3 – Top Social Media Post(s) (Picture or Video, must tag Whaling City CrossFit)
3 – Most Team Spirit at FNL
One-time only Points:
1 – Team Member participating in 1st Open
1 – Team Member PRing any Repeat Open Workouts
2 – Team Member with <6 months CrossFit experience 3 - Team with the BEST FOOD! FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS:
Must sign up by Thursday night to perform the workout during Friday Night Lights each week.
There will be no evening classes on Friday afternoons. The gym will open at 3:30pm as usual. Come early if you need some extra time to warm up or prepare for the workout, or if you need some hands-on coaching on the movements in the workout.
1st Heat – 5:00pm SHARP
2nd Heat – 5:30pm
3rd Heat – 6:00pm
4th Heat – 6:30pm
5th Heat – 7:00pm
Make sure you start warming up at least a half-hour before your assigned heat time so that you are ready to go!
- Last Chance Qualifier: Make ups/ re-do’s must be completed Sunday between 9:00-10:30am.
Athletes with Open Gym Memberships can schedule times to re-test if they are trying to improve their score.
- If you do not have an Open Gym Membership, you may not complete the workouts Saturday or Monday.
- Points for Top Scores each week are only eligible to athletes who complete either the Rx or Scaled version of the Workout for their division as written by CrossFit HQ.
- Once the draft is completed, Team Captains may begin recruiting, bribing, coercing, or blackmailing athletes to join their team. The initial Team cap size is 15 athletes. If and when all teams reach 15 members, the cap will move to 20 athletes.
- Each Team will be responsible for providing the Food for one of the first 4 weeks of FNL.
Members of the winning Team will receive VIP ACCESS to our 5-Year Anniversary Party coming up on June 17th! More details about the Party will be released soon so stay tuned!
Coaches and the Top 4 Male and Female Open Finishers from last year have been drafted to teams. All other WCCF members are up for grabs!
Beast Mode Then Feast Mode
Snatch Us If You Can
Chalk Dirty to Us
Mighty Morphin’ Power Cleaners
If you registered on games.crossfit.com, you must SUBMIT your score by 8pm on MONDAY nights!